Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Haleigh's 7th Bday Party

We celebrated Haleigh's 7th birthday party this weekend. She had a Justin Bieber party. I cannot believe that I actually supported such a theme but it makes the girl happy. I am still in shock that I have a child old enough to even know who Justin Bieber is. Whoa!

So, along with the JB theme we had a big water slide and the kids swam in our pool. They were all shivering. It was so cold their lips appeared to be tinted blue. Oh wait, that was the purple dye from the icing I made...but it was cold.

I chose to make Haleigh's cake. FYI: Wal-Mart does not make JB themed cakes. As hugely popular as this kid is I feel they should think about doing so. My thinking was that if Wal-Mart doesn't make JB cakes, nobody would have one. So, instead of wasting my time trying to find someone to make a JB cake I was off to Hobby Lobby for purple dye and silver stars.








Prior to everyones arrival Haleigh opened her presents from us and my mom. I think Haleigh is the only kid in the world who gets so super excited over getting school and office supplies for her birthday. My mom got her a big bag full of supplies. A binder, tape, White-Out, pens, folders, copy paper and a calander. Haleigh was in heaven. 



My mom also scored with "A Yard of Bubblegum".


Haleigh had been wanting a pink camera for quite a while so that's what Cody and I got her.  She was ecstatic. She couldn't refrain from immediately snapping pictures. Wonder where she gets that from??! She also adored the JB diary we got her. The girl does love to write.








For the record: Haleigh got 2 camera's for her birthday. My grandma gave her one also. Haleigh opened the present much too fast for me to get my camera. She is one special girl!

The waterslide was hit!








Cake and present time!



What's wrong with this picture?! I really am about to cut the cake!







We had such a great time! We are so thankful for such great friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast. Sorry we missed it.. I was going to get with Alyson to see if she wanted to go, but Joshua ended up with Pink Eye this weekend... loads of fun!! haha... I am so happy that the party was a hit though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures, you totally caputred the event!! Sorry we had to miss it too. :( We will bring Miss Haleigh her gift soon though. She looks like she had an absolute blast!!

    ReplyDelete