Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Finally Gone Fishin'

I got to go offshore fishing this weekend with some awesome people!! My husband, father-in-law, and sister. I had so much fun! I forgot what it was like. I haven't had an opportunity to go fishing in a looooong while. In fact, all the years my husband and I have been married...we have never been fishing together. Sad isn't it?

The morning starts out early. Real early. Like 4:30am early. Luckily, though, the fish don't care what the fisher(wo)man looks like. It takes a whole 10 minutes to throw on a swimsuit and some old clothes. That's nice. The downside, they don't stop for breakfast. I am not a happy camper without food. I like to have a full belly to start the busy day. Next time, I know to get up about 15-20 minutes earlier and drive my bootie through Whataburger first.

I go back to the importance of eating a substantial breakfast because it would have been so nice to have had some fuel in my body for the very first fish of the day. Yes, I had the privilege of catching the first fish. It was a Jack Cravell (crevalle jack is the formal name).  Boy, that sucker gave me a run for my money. I even got a pretty nice rash from the rod on my stomach. My abdominal area feels like it's bruised smooth to my bladder. Not whining, just saying. It wasn't until after this took place that they pull out the "sissy belt". Thanks!

The rest of the day we caught a few king mackeral and drank a couple beers. So much fun!












Ashley caught herself some king too.










Here is the captain and his first mate doing their thing.







My mother-in-law kept the girls Friday night, so they were there anxiously waiting. They had a blast watching the Justin Bieber movie over and over on Friday night. She also took them to get a manicure. Their nails were so adorable; black and white zebra stripes. That's something they NEVER get to do with me. I don't even get manicures for myself, I am just not a manicure type of girl. They had so much fun, but I think Grandma was worn out! :)

Then it's time to clean the catch.

The girls couldn't get enough of the slimy, scaly creatures. They were rubbing their pretty fingers all over them, and poking their eyeballs. Yuck!












What a great day it was. We came home and had fried fish. Mmmmmm...it was good! I can't wait to go again.

I also feel the need to say that Friday night my mom kept Caden. It was his first time ever to spend the night anywhere, and definitely the longest he and I have ever been apart from each other. After 15 months of being together, I figured we could handle it. We did. And, it was a nice break.

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That looks like an absolute blast. :) As for the sissy belt... You should've called it the caught-the-first-fish belt, that sucker looked huge!!

    ReplyDelete