Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Caden's Crawfish Boil

It's official. My baby is one. I cannot believe it. A whole year has gone by since I gave birth to my son. Where in the world does time go? In celebration of this wonderful (emotionally traumatic! ha!) event we had a crawfish boil. Ever since Caden started crawling Cody has said he acts like a crawfish. When someone would come near him he would put his arms up to be held, like a crawfish with his pincher's. Hence the crawfish theme. Plus, me and Cody really really love crawfish!

What's better than 70lbs of crawfish and all your favorite people gathered at your house to celebrate such a joyous occasion?! Not a whole lot. We also had hot dogs and a bounce house for the big kids.




A teacher at Haleigh's school made Caden's cake. I found a picture of this cake online and requested a few tweaks. It turned out so perfect. Cody and I were a amazed at the attention to detail.







Caden wore an outfit that Grandma bought him at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It was a onsie with tattoo sleeves. She bought herself some sleeves to match.



This birthday was special because Cody's Uncle Robert and Aunt Wendy just happened to be visiting from Michigan. Uncle Robert is Carol's brother. This is a picture of Cody, Lex, and Robert.



I'm pretty sure Caden enjoyed his first piece of cake.







We had a great time at the party. There was only a couple pounds of crawfish left, which I was so happy about. I am glad everyone got to eat some crawfish, and I am glad that was all I had left to peel!


1 comment: